DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF HAWAII
HAWAIIAN AFFAIRS CAUCUS (HAC)
General Membership Meeting, March 18, Wednesday, 6:00 p.m.
Dial in: (605) 313-6153, Meeting ID 809760#
NOMINATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
- Chair, Hawaiian Affairs Caucus
- First Vice Chair,, HAC
- Second Vice Chair, HAC
- Secretary, HAC
- Treasurer, HAC
- Hawaii At large, HAC
- Kauai At Large, HAC
- Maui At Large, HAC
- O’ahu At large, HAC (2)
- HAC Delegate to the State Central Committee (2)
Nominees must provide a written statement certifying that he/she meets the following qualifications:
- Is a member of the Democratic Party of Hawai‘i;
- Is a member of the Hawaiian Affairs Caucus;
- Fully subscribes to the purpose, mission, and values of the Caucus as set forth in these Bylaws;
- Demonstrates involvement and active participation with the Caucus or any other Hawaiian organization by such activities as attending meetings, serving as a committee chair, serving as an officer, advocating for the well being of Native Hawaiians, or any other activity in support of the Caucus and/or Hawaiian organization.
- Commit to attend Executive Committee and general membership meetings.
- Additionally, nominations for the position of Caucus Representatives of two different genders to the State Central Committee must satisfy the following: File with the Secretary of the Caucus nomination papers, which shall include:
- A ten dollar ($10) filing fee payable to “The Democratic Party of Hawai‘i;”
- Signatures from not less than five (5) members of the Caucus; and
- Fulfilling the requirements set forth above.
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 18, 2020
Transmit the attached nomination form to the Nominations and Elections Committee, by email, c/o Rhonda Roldan, email@example.com, or by hard copy to Hawaiian Affairs Caucus, Democratic Party of Hawaii, P. O. Box 2041, Honolulu, Hawaii 96805, to be received by not later than February 18, 2020. Additionally, for the position of Caucus representative, transmit the $10 filing fee payable to the Democratic Party of Hawaii and signatures from not less than five members of the Hawaiian Affairs Caucus.
Per the Hawaiian Affairs Caucus bylaws, only those who have been members of the Party and the Caucus as of January 31, 2020 shall be eligible to vote in the election. The Caucus Secretary, with the assistance of Party staff, shall certify the list of members eligible to vote.