The Hawaii Public Housing Authority (HPHA) received millions of federal funds to provide food to eligible individuals. Anyone who meets ONE of the following categories are eligible to receive the food box:
- 65 years or older;
- Disabled individuals; or
- Individuals who are COVID 19 positive or have been exposed to COVID-19.
The applicant needs only to meet one of the above requirements. The application form is attached. Mail, Fax or scan (email) the completed form as indicated on the bottom of the form.
We checked with the Hawaii Public Housing Authority and they confirmed that this is a legitimate program available to residents.of Maui, Kauai, Hawaii, and Oahu.
Program started last week. Include phone number in application so they can call to deliver the food box. Food box contents:
- Milk (fat free/low fat) 1 quart
- Orange Juice 1 quart
- Apples (Fresh fruits) 3 ea
- Bananas (Fresh fruits) 6 ea
- Carrots (Fresh vegetable) 1 lb bag
- Tomato (Fresh vegetable 2 ea
- Lettuce (Fresh vegetable) 1 head
- Broccoli or Asparagus (Fresh vegetable) 2 lbs
- Ground Beef (Raw) or Pork 2 lbs
- Chicken (Raw) 3 lbs
- Sliced ham or turkey
- (prepackaged) 16 oz
- Bread (white or wheat) 1 loaf
- Tuna (canned) or spam 2 cans
- Soup (canned) 3 cans
- Rice 5-10 lbs
Juanita Brown Kawamoto, Luna Ho’omalu (Chair)